- Adding milk kefir grains (MKG) to fresh milk yields a delicious probiotic drink in about 24 hours. Milk kefir can be enjoyed plain, flavored, or used in many recipes, from salad dressings to ice cream.
- Each box contains 1 packet of traditional, heirloom-style milk kefir grains.
- Rehydration period of 3-7 days with pasteurized (not raw) dairy milk is required before regular use.
- Cultures on the counter at 68°-85°F, no appliance required.
- Suitable for use with cow or goat milk. Nut and seed milks yield inconsistent results.
- Avoid using ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Reusable culture – makes up to 1 quart of kefir with every batch. MKG require regular refreshing in dairy milk.
- Instructions for using this culture are included and can be found here.
||4 x 1 x 5 in