- Adding the kefir grains to fresh milk yields a delicious probiotic drink in about 24 hours. Milk kefir can be enjoyed plain, flavored, or used in many recipes, like salad dressing, bread, and ice cream.
- Includes one packet milk kefir grains, plastic mesh strainer (3½-inch diameter), and instruction and recipe booklet.
- Rehydration period of 3-7 days with pasteurized (not raw) dairy milk is required before regular use.
- Cultures on the counter at 68°-85°F, no appliance required.
- Suitable for use with cow or goat milk. Nut and seed milks yield inconsistent results.
- Reusable culture; makes up to 1 quart of kefir with every batch.
- Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.